YOU CAN TRUST US WITH YOUR PRIVATES.
WE’LL KEEP ALL YOUR INFO TOP SECRET.
- For what purpose does boost mobile collect personal information?
- How does boost mobile collect personal information?
- What if you do not want to provide boost mobile with your personal information?
- What kind of personal information does boost mobile store?
- How will boost mobile use personal information?
- Your access to personal information collected by Boost.
Boost Tel Pty Limited (ACN 092 384 417) (Boost Mobile) is committed to safeguarding the personal information it collects from its customers.
Boost Mobile complies with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and is committed to collecting and holding Personal Information in accordance with the requirements of the APPs.
Personal Information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
FOR WHAT PURPOSE DOES BOOST MOBILE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
A. To carry out transactions such as fulfilment and delivery of products order as well as customer care and satisfaction.
B. To satisfy the requirements of the Australian Mobile Telecommunication Association (AMTA):
- Under the Telecommunications (Service Provider – Identity Checks for Pre-Paid Public Mobile Telecommunications Services) Determination 2000, Boost Mobile is required to collect, store and on lawful request retrieve identity and address information about the purchasers and or users of pre-paid mobile services, and
- for purchases of pre-paid mobile service made by credit/debit card, we may use information collection for this transaction to verify your ID; and
- for purchases of pre-paid mobile service made other than by credit/debit card, we can collect other personal information to verify your identity (such as such as passport details or driver’s license.
C. To provide you with information about Boost Mobile products, offers and promotions.
D. To understand characteristics of users on the Boost Mobile website as a collective such as traffic, data, location and the resources that you access.
HOW DOES BOOST MOBILE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
A. Online forms. Boost Mobile may collect and process the information about you via online forms, including during the shopping process. An online form may request you to complete details such as full name, address and billing details.
B. IP addresses. Boost Mobile may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you.
C. Cookies. Boost Mobile may also obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website
- according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to the Website.
WHAT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PROVIDE BOOST MOBILE WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You are under no obligation to provide your Personal Information to Boost Mobile unless you are making a purchase of a pre-paid mobile service, using a credit card or entering a competition. However, if you do not provide your Personal Information, you may not be able to access and/or purchase certain product or services, or submit and have posted any comments made by you on, for example, news articles and other material featured on the Boost Mobile website.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES BOOST MOBILE STORE?
The Personal Information we collect from the Website and store may include (but is not limited to), names, addresses, contact details, gender, occupation, company and if relevant, financial information, including credit card information, banking details and income information.
HOW WILL BOOST MOBILE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Unless you consent, Boost Mobile will only use Personal Information collected from the Website for the primary purpose for which it was collected.
A. providing the services and information you have requested;
B. processing payment of any purchases;
C. inform you of Boost Mobile activities, product, events, facilities and services;
D. conducting appropriate checks for credit worthiness and for fraud;
E. researching, developing and expanding our products and services; and
F. gaining an understanding of customers and their needs to assist us in providing better products and services.
For purposes outside those that would be reasonably expected, Boost Mobile will obtain your consent to the use of your Personal Information. Additionally, Boost Mobile may write to any email address supplied by you to confirm that the email address is genuine.
YOUR ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information unless:
A. the access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
B. the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
C. there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings between Boost Mobile and you and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
D. giving access would be unlawful; or
E. such access can be denied under the APPs, any law or by a law enforcement agency.
You may request access the Personal Information that Boost Mobile may hold about you in the following manner:
A. (Direct Personal Information) if wish to have access to, or correct, Personal Information about you that was collected directly by Boost Mobile, you should issue your request to: Boost Mobile at 02 9299 9655 and providing your email address and full name; and
Boost Mobile’s ability to grant you access to, and correct, Personal Information which it holds about you, which was collected and provided to Boost Mobile by its clients or a third party, may be limited by Boost Mobile’s contractual arrangements with it clients or that third party.
If Boost Mobile receives a request about any Indirect Personal Information held by it, Boost Mobile will refer that request to the client or third party, for whom it may hold that information, and who may better attend to your request.
Boost Mobile will respond to a request for access to Personal Information within a reasonable period after the request is made, which is general within a 30 day period. Boost Mobile may also charge a fee for providing access to Personal Information to recover the reasonable costs that we incur in processing your request.
WILL PERSONAL INFORMATION BE DISCLOSED TO ANYONE ELSE?
The data we collect from you is processed by staff, who either work for Boost Mobile, or for one of its service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders, the processing of payment details and the provision of support services. Such staff may have access to any Personal Information you provide for the purposes of allowing us to perform these tasks.
In certain circumstances, Boost Mobile may be compelled by law to disclose Personal Information to various authorities, such as where Boost Mobile is compelled to disclose the Personal Information by a warrant. Boost Mobile uses Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was given, unless expressly authorised to use the Personal Information for other uses (see point 6 above). Boost Mobile does not sell, rent or trade personal information collected from the Website to or with third parties.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTED?
Boost Mobile take reasonable steps to protect any Personal Information that it holds from misuse and loss. It also protects that Personal Information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Only you can access your personal information and Boost Mobile staff and/or service providers.
Specific examples of initiatives used by Boost Mobile to protect Personal Information include:
- The use of Secure pay gateway is used to provide a secure environment for the authorisation of credit card and charge card transactions. Confidential information including card details will be secured by an SSL certificate that encrypts data between the site and the gateway
- Maintaining physical security, such as locks and security systems, over our electronic data stores and premises.
- Maintenance of computer and network security, for example firewalls (security measures for the Internet), and other security measures, such as identification codes and passwords, to control access to computer systems.
- Appointment of a Privacy Officer to oversee the management of personal information in accordance with this policy and the Commonwealth Privacy Act.
IS BOOST MOBILE LIKELY TO DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS?
Boost Mobile is not likely to disclose any Personal Information to overseas recipients.
POST: Ground Floor Suite 1A,
170 – 180 Bourke Street,
Alexandria, NSW 2015
TELEPHONE: (02) 9299 9655
FACSIMILE: (02) 9299 9300
For further information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at http://www.privacy.gov.au.
Your personal information may be collected, used and disclosed (including for marketing purposes) by both Telstra and Boost. Please read the Telstra Privacy Statement “Protecting You privacy” available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy_statement.html which set out how your personal information is collected, used and disclosed (including for marketing purposes) and your rights in relations to accessing and correcting that information. You agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the Telstra Privacy Statement.